7 Places To Visit In Your Uwezo Shoes In 2018
As we head into the tail end of the year, many people are finding themselves woefully wishing they had done this or that. But 2018 will be different because you will probably take missed opportunities of 2017 and use them as motivation to not take any chances in the new year. Particularly when it comes to traveling. If you have always wanted to be a world traveler, now is the time to do it - and you’ll need a pair of unique shoes that are up to the challenge. At Uwezo, our cowhide shoes or women’s and men’s desert boots are ready for anything.
Now, book your flight and pack your bags for these seven travel destinations.
- Machu Picchu: A UNESCO World Heritage Site, Machu Picchu is a sight to behold. Located in the midst of the Andes, the Inca ruins of Machu Picchu feature architectural feats that were well beyond what should have been possible at the time. The use for the citadel is unknown, but there are interesting astronomical alignments of certain buildings that add to the mystery of the site.
- The Great Barrier Reef: This giant coral reef off the east coast of Australia has been in the news for the last few years for a very unfortunate reason. Rising ocean temperatures have bleached much of the coral, and there doesn’t seem to be a way to reverse the damage. This is a site to take in during 2018 simply because it will look different in years to come.
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates: A complete turnaround from Machu Picchu, Dubai is known as a having the tallest skyscrapers in the world, the biggest airport hub in the Middle East, and some of the best and classiest nightlife. For upscale shopping, this is also a great place to go. Take in historic neighborhoods, as well as the Burj Khalifa, the 2,717-foot skyscraper.
- Amsterdam, Netherlands: Amsterdam has been a prime travel destination for young people for decades. With a laid-back atmosphere coupled with museums and beautiful architecture, Amsterdam is the perfect place to get away. Be sure to take a bicycle tour of the city, visit the Anne Frank House, and take a boat through the canals.
- Barcelona, Spain: Barcelona is full of art, culture, and authentic Spanish food that will keep you satisfied for the duration of your trip. With beautiful beaches, soccer stadiums, and an active nightlife scene, Barcelona is the perfect mix of relaxation and excitement. Home to another World Heritage Site, the Basilica of the Sagrada Familia, Barcelona is a must-see city.
- Bangkok, Thailand: Over 24 million people visit Thailand a year, and you should definitely be one of them. Whether you are backpacking and staying in a hostel or opting for a fancy hotel, Bangkok has no shortage of accommodations. Try local foods like fried tarantulas and grasshoppers, and sample some of the best street food in the world. Stop by shopping markets and hit up the clubs at night. Just don’t do anything you saw in The Hangover 2.
- Santorini, Greece: For white sand beaches, ancient ruins, and an abundance of the best wine in the world, Santorini has you covered. One of the more popular destination islands in Greece, Santorini boasts copious options for food and nightlife, without being as much of a “party city” as some other destinations in Greece.
Travel In Style, Live With Substance With Uwezo
At Uwezo, we offer stylish and unique shoes with substance. A portion of the profits from each pair of cowhide shoes sold supports scholarship opportunities for children in Uganda through Empower African Children. For long days of traveling, we recommend our men’s desert boots and women’s desert boots. These sturdy shoes will keep you in style, help support a good cause, and provide comfort as you hop from country to country.