Ready For Summer? 10 Ways To Enjoy The Heat In Your Cowhide Shoes
There’s the old saying, “If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.” We thought about telling you ways to beat the heat in your Uwezos, but most “beating the heat” activities include things like tubing in the river or heading to the beach, which, while fun and we fully support these activities, probably aren’t the best places to wear your hair-on cowhide shoes. Sometimes the best way to metaphorically beat the heat is to simply enjoy it and soak it up! So, in today’s blog, we are offering up ten fun ways to enjoy the heat this summer in your Uwezos.
10 Fun Ways To Enjoy The Sunshine
- Go Horseback Riding: If you have a pair of cowboy boots, those might be ideal to wear while horseback riding. However, even if you don’t own cowboy boots, you can still enjoy some time romping around on horseback. To truly complete your aesthetic, rock a pair of hair-on cowhide desert boots while you enjoy the sun on your shoulders.
- Hit Up The County Fair: Most fairs require that you wear closed-toed shoes to ride the rides, so you can leave your sandals at home when you head to the local fairgrounds.
- Volunteer Your Time: Summer is the perfect season to volunteer your time and skills to help those in your community. You can get some sun while you help build a house for a family in need, tutor a kid at a local park, or volunteer at your local homeless shelter.
- Walk On The Boardwalk: If you live in a coastal state or near a Great Lake, you likely have a fun boardwalk within a day’s drive. A lot of the popular boardwalks like Navy Pier in Chicago, Coney Island in New York, and the Santa Monica Pier in California have plenty of things to do. From grabbing a cold ice cream to riding the Ferris wheel, a day on the boardwalk in a good pair of shoes is the perfect summer activity.
- Test Your Skills At Mini Golf: Mini golf requires sturdy footwear — after all, the last thing you want is to take a putter to the toe or twist your ankle as you try to maneuver your colorful golf ball around miniature obstacles. Plus, mini golf in a cute outfit is the perfect summer photo op — just be sure to tag us in your Instagram post!
- Go Stargazing On A Grassy Knoll: No one likes walking through the grass at night in flip flops - you never know what you’ll step on! Opt for a pair of our men's or women's chukkas for trekking through the grass at night. Bring a picnic blanket and a buddy and get away from the light pollution of the city for optimal stargazing. While this is a great time to be tech-free, it is also a fun idea to download a stargazing app on your phone to help identify famous constellations!
- Watch The Summer Blockbusters: Okay, so this one might be better on a list of ways to get out of the heat this summer — unless, of course, you hit up a local drive-in movie theater! Either way, summer is the time of year that big movie studios love to release their blockbusters. This year’s biggest movies include Ocean’s 8, Incredibles 2, Deadpool 2, Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, and Ant Man And The Wasp, to name a few.
- Rent A Tandem Bike: If you happen to own a tandem bike, you can use that. However, most of us are not so lucky. Thankfully, many towns have bicycle rental programs where you can rent a two-person bicycle for a couple hours and ride around town with your significant other, best friend, or partner-in-crime. (Bonus tip: Offer to ride in the back for opportunities to only pretend to pedal.)
- Go Camping: What better way is there to enjoy the sunshine than while camping in the great outdoors? Pack a cooler with some beers and some hot dogs and hit the road to head to your favorite local camping spot, whether that’s a park or in the middle of the forest. Set up a hammock for maximum relaxation.
- Host A Backyard Barbecue: Invite the neighborhood over for a backyard barbecue. Provide some grilled burgers or do it potluck style. Show off your love for the summer sun in your cowhide shoes from Uwezo while you’re at it!
How Will You Enjoy The Heat This Summer?
This summer, your essentials include your cowhide shoes, some sunscreen, plenty of water, and a mindset for relaxation and fun! Kick back in a hammock, walk on the pier, spend some time volunteering with your friends, and soak up the summer sun with your Uwezos.
We haven’t even mentioned the best part about kicking back in some Uwezos yet! For every pair of hair-on cowhide shoes we sell, we donate a portion of the profits to Empower African Children. This charitable organization raises scholarship funds to send East African children to high-quality secondary and post-secondary schools to help them transition into a career where they can make a positive influence on society.